Friday, April 29, 2011

Was it all a dream? It's almost gone...

Blogging isn't easy. Respect to those who are consistent- seriously! I have not posted much for the month of April, if not anything since I have been busy making sure I see everything I want to see before I go. Also, before today, the weather was amazing and the sun seemed to favor the French! Today the sun turned around and started to act like it usually does in April- MIA. But, tonight is the last night I write from Paris and, boy, what a ride!!!

The whole experience has been wonderful. It all feels like a dream already. I was able to say my goodbyes to those that I got to know most during my last 4 months as an intern in Paris. Friends took me out for some Crepe and ice cream yesterday, after work. Today, Fanny and the rest of the Institute for Leadership team took me out for lunch, and after prepared a champagne party for me for the evening, inviting many to join in the celebration. I am really blessed to have had the chance to develop relationships with Fanny, Hedy, Marie-Pierre, Pascal, Charlotte, Micheline, Julie, Helene, Etienne, Nathalie, and so many others. There are so many people that make this whole experience feel more and more like a beautiful dream- a wonderful social life in Paris... What more can you ask?? I am touched by your support, kindness, and patience. Thank you for everything. I will miss Paris and all its lights and pizazz. I will miss how there is so much to see and do. But most of all, I will miss my colleagues and friends.


Gone - flitted away,
Taken the stars from the night and the sun
From the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart.
~Alfred Tennyson






No comments:

Post a Comment